Frank Turner - Recovery

Frank Turner - Recovery


Blacking in and out in a strange flat in east London. 
Somebody I dont really know just gave me something
 to help set me down and stop me 
from always thinking about you. 

And you know your life is heading 
in a questionable direction 
when youre off in days with strangers 
and you cant remember anything 
except way you sound when you told me
 you didnt know what I should do.

Its a long road out to recovery from here, 
a long way back to the light. 
A long road out to recovery from here, 
a long way back to whats right.

And so I wake up in the morning 
just like every other day and like every
boring blues song I get swallowed by the pain, 
so I fumble for your figure
in the darkness just to make it go away. 

But youre not lying there anylonger 
and I know that its my fault 
so I been crawling on the floor and
pounding on the walls and Ive been 
divvying my darkness and serotonin boosters, 
cider and some kind of smelling salts.

a long road out to recovery from here, 
a long way back to the light. 
long road out to recovery from here, 
a long way to making it right.

so on the first night we met you said 
well darling lets make a deal, 
if anybody ever asks us well 
lets say that we met in jail. 

And thats the
story that Im sticking to
 like a southern face that comforts
 but today I need to hear some truth 
if Im ever getting through this. 
Yea you once sent me a letter that 
said if I was lost at sea, 
close my eyes and catch a time
idea and only think of me. 
Well darling now Im sinking 
Im as lost as l can be 
and Im hoping you can drag me 
fucking down and out to my recovery.

if you could just give me a sign 
and just a subtle little glimmer,
 a suggestion that youd have me if 
I could only make me better 
then Id walk a little taller and stand a little stronger 
all the time.
 Cause I know you
are a sinning but I think I can surprise 
you cause people can get better
baby if they really want to or at least 
thats what I have to tell myself
if Im hoping to survive.

its a long road out to recovery from here, 
a long road back to the light. 
A long road out to recovery from here, 
a long way to making it right.

So darling, sweet lover, wont you help me to recover,
darling, sweet lover, wont you help me to recover,
darling, sweet lover, wont you help me to recover,
darling, sweet lover, one day this will all be over.

Comentarios

Entradas populares